Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with AFTS and Simfly

2 posters

:: Support

Go down

Problem with AFTS and Simfly Empty Problem with AFTS and Simfly

Post by BlackWatch 007 Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:30 am

Ok I did a flight from Bristol to Manchester the other day and when I was on my approach I checked the simfly sidebar gadget for vista on my laptop and noticed that all my passengers had disappeared i know I was a full capacity because I was mincing around for 1/2 an hour waiting for everyone to board lol. And then it said that the flight plan had been changed and the flight number was incorrect even though at the start of the flight everything passed and checked out.

Then again today even though I last landed at Manchester it said my last known location was Geneva in Switzerland and that I had to fly from there, so I did a flight from the flight plan from Geneva to Manchester and the same thing happened, all tests and checks in the debugger checked out then when I was on my approach AFTS kicked off and said I did flight plan

BlackWatch 007 LNK7356 G-EZKA
BOEING B738 20:19:54
20080729 21:59:29
20080729 1:39:35
A: 1:29:04 LSGG EGSY 95.63% (Geneva to Sheffield when I selected Manchester as my destination) and then a new open flight started from Sheffield to Manchester with the same flight number as Geneva to Manchester so it now says that the flight number was incorrect and I have to takeoff from Geneva again) So I wasted 2hours flying for it to smeg up and not result in a complete flight Sad

Any ideas if any1 can understand this thread lol.

BlackWatch 007
Commercial Pilot
Commercial Pilot

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Problem with AFTS and Simfly Empty Re: Problem with AFTS and Simfly

Post by BlackWatch 007 Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:33 am

Actually theres a mistake there my passengers disappeared and the flight plan thing messed up as soon as my gear touched down at Manchester not even when I was at a gate so unless all my passengers bailed out while i was stopping the plane then there is something wrong going on.

BlackWatch 007
Commercial Pilot
Commercial Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Stansy Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:56 am

Wow, I'm not sure I followed all of that but a few observations here:
1) Your passengers will "bail" if you do one of the following things while in flight:
- reload flight plan
- reload aircraft
- PAUSE for more than 60 minutes
- Use time compression (acceleration)
2) We've noticed AFTS will disconnect when users are using less-then-perfect wireless providers/connections.
3) If you are still having issues after making sure your not doing any of the things listed in the first bullet, try using the regular AFTS client instead of the sidebar application to see if that is where the problems arise.

Beyond this, I would advise seeking help on the Simfly.uk site.

Stansy

Number of posts : 60
Group : Moderator
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackWatch 007 Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:03 pm

Ah that explains it I did use 2x speed compression to speed up my approach lol. I will not do that then lol. Cheers also the AFTS System website said the same things not just the sidebar.

BlackWatch 007
Commercial Pilot
Commercial Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down